Rate the Ref: Home to Portsmouth 27.4.2024 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref: Home to Portsmouth 27.4.2024

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Sunny Sukhvir Gill, a referee who I must remind you has refereed in the Premier league this season, was the man in the middle today
How do you think he did
Comments and votes out of 10 please

FINAL AVERAGE 1.44

Last edited:
1, and that's being generous for turning up and putting his boots on the right way round. Inconsistent, fussy and lost all control early on, not helped by linos who might as well not have been there.

Honestly I don't know where to start here.
Lost complete control of the game at about the mid-point of the first half. How many Portsmouth staff members did he book?? Failed to get a grip of their tactics of sitting on the grass throughout. Didn't give Draper in particular anything despite a shirt exchange being tried from the first minute by their defence. Also missed what looked like a quite nasty foul by Ben House when he was already on a yellow.
He can have a 1 for giving us a penalty after what seemed like a 3 minute decision process

I don't rate him at all. Reminded me of the pretend fake wrestling bouts when the ref is distracted and doesn't see what's going on behind him. The linesmen were useless too. Poorest of the season so far and that's saying something.

Lost control mid 1st half when the Pompey player prevented a free kick and the ref initially did absolutely nothing. Thereafter ceded control of the game to Pompey who played him for a fool. Some of the time wasting, injury breaks etc to disrupt our tempo in the second half were ridiculous. He added a reasonable amount of time, but by then Pompey were comfortably playing out that time.

Would struggle with an under-9 game on that showing.

Wouldn't give him the steam off my pi........
As been said lost it from that free kick incident in 1st half. Linesmen just as bad. Please don't waffle on about officials having a hard time!.

I expect he would award himself 10. Fella (poser) couldn't even find a shirt to fit himself.
It wasn't a great game, but boy did he not help.
0, much like him. Despite his clear love for himself, I doubt many feel the same.

I expect he would award himself 10. Fella (poser) couldn't even find a shirt to fit himself.
It wasn't a great game, but boy did he not help.
0, much like him. Despite his clear love for himself, I doubt many feel the same.
Looked like he was wearing his sons kit.

Hortin went up in my estimations - if I said what I think I will not be presenting this show any longer

13 yellow cards. He'll probably book his wife when he gets home.

Tempted to say he lost the plot but I am not sure there actually was one in the first place.

Played like a fiddle by Portsmouth and made so many inept decisions.

Woeful, 0-10. Took far too long to restart play and allowed Portsmouth to take control of proceedings. Seemed oblivious to the disruptive approach by Portsmouth, coaching staff and players, to spoil the game at every opportunity.

5 I actually think there is a good ref in there somewhere. First half was reasonable allowing game to flow although one or two challenges involving Draper seemed to be a little too lenient. Started to go wrong with House incident. The whole pushing and shoving never happens if Portsmouth's 44, doesn't start 60 seconds of 'the balls in the wrong place' mularky. The assistant ref could have difused this early doors as he was 10m away. Instead he just stood there and let it unfold. Then gave no help to ref, who was dealing with an inbox skirmish. Should have been yellow to 44 only.
Couldn't work out all the 'shenanigans' from Portsmouth which meant ref basically had to deal with multiple incidents with ineffective assistants. It was almost like Pompey needed a draw to get promoted. I think Pompey were hacked off with the "on the beach' narrative.
How he didn't book Roughan for virtually removing another player shorts is beyond me. Perhaps the goal made him forget.
As I'm writing I've taken a mark off!